Terms & Conditions
These conditions govern all bookings made (whether through website, email, telephone or other means) with Oak Property (“OAK” “us “we”) registered in Scotland under number SC 252278 whose registered office is at 31 George Street, Perth, PH1 5LA.
. You accept these conditions yourself and on behalf of all members of your party whether you are booking as a guest or on behalf of others. In addition by visiting or using our website you agree to comply with the Site Terms and Conditions
Any booking made by you shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the relevant apartment arrangements subject to these conditions. A contract between you and OAK shall only come into existence:
* if booking by telephone, once your Reservations Executive has confirmed acceptance of your payment details; or
* if booking by via our website or email and the requested apartment is available, once you receive confirmation by email of your booking with the relevant booking link.
We reserve the right to refuse, at our sole discretion, any booking you make with us. It is the responsibility of the booker to notify OAK at the time of booking of the names of the relevant guests and whether they are adults or minors. Bookings for accommodation require at least one full name for each apartment.
At OAK owned apartments, non-corporate bookings will not be accepted from any paying guests under the age of 18. Proof of identification and date of birth may be requested at check-in. Should proof of identification and date of birth not be presented on request, OAK reserves the right to cancel the booking.
Please check your details carefully before you book as incorrect or incomplete details may result in the booking being cancelled. Passport, visa and health requirements for you and your party are your responsibility. You are advised to ensure that you put in place appropriate travel insurance policies to cover cancellation, medical cover and cover for loss or damage to personal property during your stay.
To confirm your booking OAK require a completed booking form or a completed booking link via the internet. Telephone bookings are confirmed only when OAK has accepted the booking in writing or by email and has taken payment in full. Payment in full is required at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Please note that payment for bookings in Jersey is due 8 weeks prior to arrival prior to arrival, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Should payment not reach OAK within the required time OAK reserve the right to suspend or cancel any bookings made and any deposit paid may be forfeit. Any late payments will result in interest being charged on the sum due at a rate that is 4 % above Bank of England base rate for the period concerned.
Payment should be made either through OAK’s website or through the following methods of payment:
* Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, Switch, Solo, Delta;
* Company Cheque: Pounds sterling or Euro Payable to ‘Oak Property Letting Ltd. ‘;
* Bank Transfer: Pounds sterling or Euro (Bank details are available on request).
We may pass your debit/credit card details to a third party to process any payments.
Where OAK is unable to confirm the initial requested accommodation, an alternative may be provided and an email or other notification will be sent to inform you of the details. OAK will endeavour to hold the reservation for 48 hours in order for you to signify acceptance by making payment in full.
All apartment rates quoted are based on the rates prevailing at the time that a booking is confirmed (in the currency requested). Once a booking has been confirmed OAK will not change the rate quoted unless you amend the booking but otherwise rates are subject to change without notice and may vary for currency exchange movements where applicable between UK and overseas locations. Exchange rates are determined by OAK. VAT is charged at the rate in force at the time of booking.
A deposit covering additional charges incurred during your current (or any future) stay with OAK, breakages and damages may be taken at the time of booking .OAK reserves the right to deduct from the deposit without further notice, all amounts chargeable under these conditions, including, but not limited to, further accommodation charges.
Within one week of any deduction of any additional charges from a deposit, OAK will provide the booker by e-mail or otherwise with a breakdown of the issues and the applicable additional charges. If additional charges are taken from the deposit the remainder of the deposit will be refunded to the person who paid the deposit at the end of the guest’s stay after an inspection of the apartment occupied and subject to settlement of all charges owing to OAK.
- Payment of Additional Charges
Valid credit/debit card details must be supplied at the time of booking to cover additional charges incurred during your current (or any future) stay with OAK, breakages and damages. OAK reserves the right to deduct from the relevant credit/debit card, without further notice, all amounts chargeable under these conditions, including, but not limited to, further accommodation charges.
Upon arrival at the apartment debit/credit card details may also be taken as security for any additional charges (which may be charged separately by OAK or the preferred supplier). In relation to OAK owned apartments, OAK may deduct from the debit/credit card the amounts of any additional charges incurred by the guest during their stay. The additional charges include:
* Telephone Calls: Telephone calls are charged separately. Sometimes, telephone call charges are provided by a 3rd party supplier. Where this arrangement exists, it is the guest’s responsibility to set up a charge account with the service provider direct (details available in the apartment).
* Other Chargeable Services: Details of any other additional services are available on request. The cost of any such services is payable directly to the apartment house.
* Cleaning: OAK expects the apartments to be left in very good condition on departure. If, at OAK’s discretion, additional cleaning is required on departure, the cost of this cleaning will be charged as an additional charge. When the duration of the reservation is in excess of 28 days, a discretionary final cleaning charge of up to £150 plus VAT may be charged. In addition, if an apartment is deemed unfit for occupation, the booker /guest will be obliged to pay compensation to OAK for loss of revenues in addition to the costs of cleaning and repair. OAK reserves the right to charge £150 plus VAT (in addition to the general cleaning charges) for specialist cleaning to an apartment and/or its contents where smoking has taken place in a smoke free building.
* Damages: Damages to the apartment or contents caused by the guest must be paid in full by the booker. In the event of any breakages or damage discovered after the guest vacates, OAK will notify the booker by e-mail within 1 week of the guest’s departure, providing a detailed breakdown of the issues and the cost of rectifying them. Where possible, photographic evidence will also be supplied. Inventories and condition reports can be provided at the beginning and at the end of the accommodation period if required.
* Keys: OAK will issue the guest with sets of keys (as relevant) and extra keys are available on request. If the issued keys are not returned on departure a charge of up to £50 plus VAT will be made to the booker. If between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am a guest locks themselves out of the property and/or the apartment and requires assistance to re-enter the property and/or the apartment, OAK reserve the right to charge £50 plus VAT call out charge in addition to the charge for lost keys.
* Call Outs: If the emergency call out number is used to call out the apartment manager between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am for any purpose other than an emergency, OAK reserve the right to charge the booker a call out fee of £50 plus VAT.
* Within one week of any deduction of any additional charges from a debit/credit card, OAK will provide the booker by e-mail or otherwise with a breakdown of the issues and the applicable additional charges. In relation to any additional charge payable, in the event that payment under a debit/credit card is declined, for any reason, or no card details are provided, OAK reserves the right to charge the booker or guest direct. The booker or guest must pay this invoice within 7 days of issue.
Oak do not insure guest personal belonging and it is the guests responsibility to provide personal insurance for any item lost, stolen or accidently damaged
- Arrivals and Departures
Apartments are available for occupation from 16:00 hours on the day of arrival to 10:00 hours on the day of departure. Any additional hours of occupation outside the available times in each period of 24 hours will be charged as one extra day unless otherwise agreed. Early check in/late check out cannot be guaranteed unless the booking is made from the night before arrival/for the night after departure. Key collection details will be provided to the booker prior to the check-in date. Many apartments operate unmanned receptions so access codes and other relevant details will be provided only after a booking is confirmed. It is then the booker’s responsibility to ensure that the guests have all the key, access codes and other relevant information, provided to them by OAK, to allow guests to access the apartments.
- Cancellations and Amendments
If you wish to alter your booking, OAK will endeavour to comply with your requirements, but cannot guarantee that these will be met. You will be obliged to pay any additional expenses incurred as a result of an alteration. Cancellations and amendments to confirmed bookings are subject to the following conditions, in addition, OAK may charge, at its discretion, an amendment fee of up to £50 plus VAT to cover the necessary administrative costs incurred:
No refunds will be made for non-arrivals for any reason. Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim cancellation charges from your insurance company if you have taken out travel insurance.
Requests for cancellations and amendments must be made by contacting OAK’s reservations team during (UK) office hours. Any cancellations or amendments notified directly to the preferred supplier will not be effective. Reservations not amended or cancelled through OAK’s reservations team may become subject to a 100% charge to be applied.
* OAK’s cancellation policy is set out below, however, where OAK acts as an agent for a preferred supplier the cancellation policy is determined by that supplier and may differ from OAK’s own policy. Where this is the case, the cancellation policy will be notified to you at the time of booking We will email the cancellation policy to the booker when we respond to their enquiry and repeat it when we confirm the booking.
* All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the date of stay at each apartment within a booking:
|Notice period||Charges Payable|
|Under 7 days||100% of the total charges|
|7-28 days||50% of the total charges|
|29 days to 3 months||£100 plus VAT|
|More than 3 months||no charge|
* If you wish to cancel or further amend an extended booking (see “Extensions” below), You will be liable to pay the total charges for the extended period in accordance with the scale above.
* OAK reserves the right to treat any reduction in the number of nights or apartments booked which results in a reduction in the overall charges payable as a cancellation.
* All amendments are subject to availability. Should any amendments be rejected your original booking will be reinstated.
* Name changes or child age changes will not incur any charges.
* If you wish to extend a stay, OAK requires notice in writing. Please give as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request. All extensions are subject to availability and rate change. Failure to give OAK notice in writing of an intention to extend a stay may result in your apartment being booked by another guest.
* Where notice of intention to extend your stay has been given, OAK reserves the right to take all additional payments and charges from any credit/debit card used to make the original booking (plus any further deposit requirements). Where payment has been made by cheque or bank transfer, an invoice for the requested extended period will be sent to the billing address provided at the time of booking and payment must be made by return.
- Accommodation and Occupancy
All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and on the basis that no rights of tenancy are created, If this contract is with an individual person (as opposed to a company) then by entering into this agreement the person is declaring that the apartment booked is not his / her principal place of residence.
OAK acts as an agent on behalf of its preferred suppliers in relation to the accommodation owned or controlled by those preferred suppliers. Reasonable care has been taken that the content of the OAK website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on the OAK website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) is published in good faith but you acknowledge that OAK cannot check the accuracy of all information provided by its preferred suppliers. Given the above factors, OAK does not warrant that any the content of the OAK website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) accurately or completely describe any of the apartments. OAK’s web site may link to other web sites and OAK are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.
You should note the following points about apartments:
* apartments are individual and vary in style, size and layout so furnishing details are not uniformly standard. Although accommodation and location are confirmed in advance, the exact apartment cannot be guaranteed prior to arrival;
* The OAK website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) may contain a plan of the layout of the apartment. The plan will only be a general representation of the accommodation. Actual unit size, design, fixtures, furnishings and facilities may vary from those shown on the plan;
* The number of people permitted to occupy each apartment is limited to the number of beds. In some apartments extra beds can be provided and this will be at a charge to be agreed at the time of booking. If the number of people permitted to occupy an apartment is exceeded, OAK or the preferred supplier may refuse access to the accommodation and either reserves the right to charge for additional apartments;
* You and your party must comply with any rules and regulations set by OAK, if the apartment is OAK owned, and/or the preferred supplier in relation to their apartments. In any event we recommend that you take time to familiarise yourself with the safety procedures in the apartments, the building and local area, paying particular attention to fire evacuation details and security;
* You and the other members of your party are responsible for payment of any charges made for use of facilities, such as but not limited to broadband, additional laundry services, and for any other fees levied by OAK and/or the preferred supplier (under these or the preferred supplier’s conditions) for the use of amenities;
* Accommodation might not be able to operate heating and air-conditioning at any one time.
* Where internet or broadband connectivity is available, you agree to use such services in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purpose.
* OAK shall use reasonable endeavours to retain any items left in apartments for up to 3 month after the guest’s departure date. Please email email@example.com for enquiries relating to any lost items.
For further information on individual apartments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In relation to OAK owned apartments the following restrictions apply as standard. There may be other restrictions at preferred supplier apartments. Full details are available on request:
* Smoking: OAK operates a non smoking policy in its own apartments. Smoking may also not be allowed in preferred supplier apartments and should you wish to smoke during your stay you should ensure at the time of booking that you are permitted to do so in your chosen apartment location.
* Pets: OAK regrets that pets are not allowed in the apartments.
Oak employees and their sub contractors will be required to enter the property at their discretion, preferably advising the guest prior to arrival. We do however advise that it is a contractual agreement with the guest and OAK that Oak have the right to enter the property unannounced and carry out our business including check any damage or incident reported to us. We will enter the property to suit our the best interest of our business at a time and date that suits us an not our guest.
Housekeepers will enter the property at short notice, they are expected to knock the door and if no one is in they will enter and carry out their instructed works at the instruction of the company management.
If a guest refuses our employees or subcontractors access we are within our right to cancel the booking and retain the monies for the duration of the booking.
OAK is responsible for its own apartments, subject to these conditions. OAK acts as an agent for its preferred suppliers and any contract relating to an apartment owned by a preferred supplier is made direct with the booker/guest and that preferred supplier and, other than its general management and booking obligations detailed in these conditions, OAK shall not be liable to any party for any amounts in relation to any acts or omissions under or in relation to that contract or the relevant preferred supplier apartment. OAK is not responsible for the theft and/or damage of your personal belongings during your stay in any apartments booked. Therefore you are advised to ensure you have appropriate insurances in place.
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract with OAK and these conditions shall apply in their place.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the liability of OAK for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the OAK, or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
Subject to the paragraph above, OAK shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of contract, loss of use, loss of corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify OAK against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by OAK arising out of or in connection with your, or your business’, breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these terms and conditions. If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, OAK’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to OAK under your booking.
Some apartments advertised on the OAK website or on OAK printed literature are owned and operated by third parties. Whilst OAK endeavours to ensure the highest standards for third party apartments, it does not warrant that, in booking these apartments on your behalf, the apartment is managed in accordance with local national laws including health and safety and insurance. You also understand that although a third party may comply with local national laws, the rights and remedies under such laws may be different to that of England and Wales.
OAK shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations which results directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance which is beyond its reasonable control. The following shall be regarded as examples of such circumstances: act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken at the property, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by OAK’s negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, OAK’s liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the higher of (i) GBP £1,000; and (ii) the value of the booking made with OAK.
OAK cannot guarantee, or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of, services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, air conditioning, water or any damage, telephone, broadband, internet and other communications, disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the property. However, upon notification by a guest/booker, OAK will use its best endeavours to maintain and rectify (within a reasonable period of time) all services and issues (within reason) to OAK owned apartments, and will use reasonable endeavours to ensure any preferred supplier is made aware of, and rectifies, such problems within a reasonable period.
- Feedback and Complaints
OAK aims to deliver the best possible service, but in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the service offered, you should notify OAK in writing or by email as soon as possible in relation to any complaint about the booking service. In relation to any complaint about the apartment, you should notify the apartment manager as soon as possible in the first instance. If the problem cannot be resolved during your stay, you should write to Guest Services, at OAK, 23 Main Street, Kelty, Fife, KY4 0AA or email email@example.com . Our policy is to acknowledge any complaint within five working days, advising you of who is dealing with your concerns and attempt to address them.
a company registered in Scotland under number SC 252278 whose registered office is at 23 Main Street, Kelty, Fife, KY4 0AA.
OAK reserves the right to change these conditions from time to time. Should guests be in breach any of these conditions, OAK reserves the right to request that guests vacate their apartment within 24 hours. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.
We may use your contact details to inform you of our products including special offers that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your contact information to send details of our products to you please let us know in an email to info@Oakapartments.co.uk. All information collected or properly obtained during the booking process will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Statement which, with our web site use terms, are incorporated into these conditions. From time to time we randomly record telephone calls as a security measure and to monitor and improve customer service.
OAK Website Terms and Conditions
This website (“site”) is operated by Oak Property Letting Ltd. (“OAK”) a company registered in Scotland under number SC 252278 whose registered office is at 23 Main Street, Kelty, Fife, KY4 0AA.
This terms and conditions describe the legal framework under which you agree to participate on our site, what your rights and responsibilities are and what you can expect from us. By visiting or using this site, you hereby agree to and accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions then you are not authorized to use this site.
Information on this site is posted in good faith and updated regularly, but OAK cannot guarantee its completeness and accuracy. OAK does not accept any liability to you or any third party for any error or omission on this site. OAK may change, update or delete the terms and conditions or any information on this site without prior notice.
OAK does not warrant that this site will be uninterrupted, error free or that any information or other material accessible from this site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
In addition to the site terms and conditions if you place a booking through OAK, separate terms and conditions will apply. Which booking terms and conditions apply will vary depending upon whether you book a OAK owned property or one from our preferred suppliers.
For a copy of the OAK booking terms and conditions please click here. You will be notified of the relevant terms and conditions at the time of booking.
In the event of any inconsistency between the booking terms and the site terms, the booking terms and conditions prevail.
The OAK name, logo and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of OAK. All other names, logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans used on this site are the trademarks or service marks of their owners. All rights are acknowledged.
The copyright in all apartment details, slides, photographs, images, maps, travel information and other material on this site rests with OAK or its suppliers. Your access to the material and products or services available through this website does not give you a license to modify, display, license, transfer, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise use any material (including data), apart from making limited copies of your booking details your personal use only.
You may link to the home page of this site, but may not:
* deep-link or use frames to limit the complete and full intended use of this site;
* bypass or circumvent any measures employed by OAK to limit such deep linking or use of frames;
* impose, in OAK’s opinion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website;
* use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or manual process to access, monitor or copy any material on this website; or
* you may not use in any way these rights or other intellectual property rights in material relating to this website without the prior written consent of OAK.
Promotional or discounted offers on this site are provided at the discretion of OAK. All offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
Reference in this site to any products, services, processes, trade names, trademarks or other information of third parties does not imply or constitute an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation to you by OAK.
Your details will be forwarded or sold to any 3rd parties
You must keep secure any means of identification which OAK supplies to you in order to use any services on this site. You acknowledge that you will be financially responsible for all use of this website including the use of your account by others. You must supply accurate and not misleading information when using any services on this site.
You confirm to OAK that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use this website in accordance with all the terms and conditions contained within.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These site terms shall be governed by Scottish law. Any disputes involving this site shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
No unlawful or prohibited use
As a condition of your use of this site you warrant to OAK that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices.
Links to third-party site
This site may contain hyperlinks to sites operated by parties other than OAK. These hyperlinks are provided for reference only. OAK does not control them and is not responsible for their contents or your use of them. OAK’s inclusion of hyperlinks to such sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators.
OAK Property Letting Ltd